Friday, September 16, 2016

Flashback Friday!

This time last year I was in France with my daughter. What a great time we had together! I asked her today where and when shall our next trip be.  I think we decided on Ireland!
Since work has taken my time this week I thought I'd share a few of my favorite memories in photos.
 We spent a fair share of time with food and beverage, just soaking up the scenery and people watching.
 This church was next door to the little apartment we stayed in. The location was amazing!
Who gets to bike through Paris at night?! We do!
 I got to meet lovely women and spend time with them. This shop is Sajou!
 We stayed and ate in postcard villages.
I got to witness amazing art as it was passed down from generation to generation.
And then of course, we saw wonderful quilts at the European Patchwork Meeting in Alsace.


But these were a few antiques that inspired me. Maybe you'll be inspired today , as well!




 Here are some wonderful madders like we will be using in our 2016 quiltalong.

We made a stop in Iceland on our way home.
Did you know running is a great way to see a city?
The best cup of coffee we had on our trip (including all of France!) was in Iceland. The heart sums up this trip perfectly!

And here is my instagram feed this week.

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! Who knew when I was getting married at 19 where we'd be now!

I appreciate all your comments so much!

Next Friday we will be sharing our Porch Quilt and Monday, October 3rd we will share the finale of our medallion quilt. I better get busy!

Have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

  1. I remember these great day with you and Rene.... Do you know this is the week of the European Patchwork Meeting in Alsace ? The guest star this year is Edyta Sitar !
    I wish you a wonderful weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. it worked...i'm inspired...off to sew....lovely photos and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your memories of your lovely trip with us. I hope you have lots of fun sewing this weekend :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a wonderful trip to share with your daughter!
    Oh, Ireland--I am trying not to be jealous. Have planned three trips to Ireland in recent years and for one reason or another, every one of them fell through.
    My sons traveled to Iceland a few years ago. The scenery they shared is awe inspiring!
    You are a great globe trotter--thanks for sharing your journeys with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great trip!! Love the pictures! Ireland sounds awesome. Talk to Claire...she spent a few weeks this year.
    I'm behind on the porch quilt. My watermelon rinds are waiting to be sewn down...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fun! Edyta Sitar designs wonderful fabric and quilts, they will enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a special trip. LOVE that log cabin quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!